Whether it is a small or large data center, computer networks play a critical role in all organizations. And so does fibre optic cables. As fibre optic cable is a backbone of the entire network, all the network and data transmission can be affected if these cables face any wear and tear. To save data losses and avoid network failures, it is best to install a fiber raceway solution in time. Check out how the use of modern-day fiber raceway systems benefits data centers and ICT companies.
- Effective fiber cables management: With a dedicated fiber raceway, it becomes very simple to manage fiber cables and protect them from any kind of damage. A modern fiber raceway offers complete flexibility in terms of design, planning, and installation. It avoids the mess of labeling and eliminates guesswork while dealing with cables.
- High protection to cables: Modern-day fiber raceway systems are designed to provide utmost protection to fiber cables and help in securing their routing from the optical distribution frame to the fiber optic equipment. The raceway systems are designed to be quite durable and robust so they can bear the brunt of non-stop daily activities.
- Flexible design options: Every data center may have its own requirements of installing a fiber raceway solution. Considering the safety and routing needs of varied data centers, the modern-day fiber raceway systems are designed in multiple ways and styles. Such design flexibility not only makes it easier to install these systems at specific locations but also to upgrade them without removing or disturbing the existing cabling. There are retrofits and upgrades available for future system modifications.
- Support for changing technology: With time, new technologies are emerging and bandwidth demands are going up. It also demands a change in the network infrastructure, which is happening in modern-day fiber raceway systems. These systems are reusable, open to upgrades, and available in various sizes. Whether you need to add cables or remove cables, you can easily alter the existing system and make smooth transitions while using some accessories available for this purpose.
- Significant cost savings: Though reusable and modifiable fiber cable raceways cut the maintenance and labor costs for data centers, the post-installation cost savings through network protection are much more significant for any organization.
A suitable and modifiable fiber raceway solution can be highly advantageous for any data center and company. The new-age raceway systems not only reduce the ownership costs, but also offer a variety of design options according to the custom requirements of data centers.